- Burbank, CA, USA
- Full Time
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for ensuring that all shipping and receiving documents are completed accurately and in a timely fashion, including inventory control, billing and acting as a liaison between internal customers and vendors.
1. Receive, verify, stage and stock all incoming materials.
2. Pull, prepare and document orders for shipment.
3. Schedule pick-up and delivery of freights.
4. Contact customers/vendors/staff regarding any problems with shipment.
5. Check discrepancies between inbound and outbound shipment.
6. Answer incoming calls from customers and/or transportation carriers.
7. Perform physical inventory counts in warehouse as required.
8. Ensure warehouse is clean, organized, secure and safe at all times.
9. Provide local deliveries as needed.
10. Give daily updates to immediate manager.
11. Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the immediate manager.
1. Strong oral and written communication skills.
2. Ability to operate a forklift or similar vehicle.
3. Ability to speak and read English.
4. Ability to utilize computer and other office equipment (i.e. copier, fax, etc.).
5. Ability to utilize material handling equipment (i.e. pallet jack, pry bar, etc.).
6. Ability to use business calculator.
7. Ability to enter data using a keyboard.
8. Ability to complete paperwork accurately and neatly.
9. Ability to analyze and calculate data using basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
1. 3 – 5 years experience.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Background in Warehouse operations and logistics, including shipping, receiving, delivery, and inventory.
4. Must be familiar with FedEx, UPS, USPS, and other shipping resources.
5. Working knowledge of safety regulations and procedures.
6. Must be organized, able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
7. Must have basic MS Office knowledge.
8. Proficient with email system such as MS Outlook.
9. Ability to stand for up to 8 hours a day.
10. Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs.
11. Must have a valid Driver's License.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!